Copyright 2011 Louis R. Coatney
GROUND COMBAT RESULTS TABLE (GCRT)
|Die Roll||........||1:4||1:3||1:2||... ||1:1||...||3:2||2:1||3:1||4:1||5:1
NOTE: Attacks below 1:4 odds are not allowed.
GROUND COMBAT RESULTS DEFINITIONS:
- DE = Defenders ELIMINATED.
- R2 = Defenders Retreated 0-2 hexes as Attacker wishes - route chosen by Defender and are Disrupted.
Defending units unable to retreat 2 hexes are ELIMINATED.
- R1 = Defenders Retreated 0-1 hexes by Defender and are Disrupted.
Defender MAY voluntarily retreat any of his units 1 (more) hex.
- D = Defenders Disrupted. They MAY be voluntarily retreated 1 or 2 hexes by the Defender, if he so wishes.
- - = No effect against either side.
- AR = Attackers Retreated 0-1 hexes by Defender. Attacker MAY voluntarily retreat any of them 1 (more) hex.
- DAR = Defenders Disrupted and AR result against Attacker.
- DAE = Defenders Disrupted and Attackers ELIMINATED.
- AE = Attackers ELIMINATED.
"NO RETREAT!" or Unable to Retreat: .. R1 becomes D .. and .. R2 becomes DE for Defending Units equal to at least half their strength.
Attacks against boxes/forts: R1 becomes D, R2 becomes compulsory R1, DE becomes R2.
Axis Rcce Gppe and British 7th Armoured "Desert Rats" Support Brigade Special Survivability:DE becomes R2, unless the unit is unable to retreat.
(Each unDisrupted unit in the target hex is attacked separately, from the top of the stack to its bottom.)
|Target is: .||Allied||Any Other Unit||
|Die Roll........||Box or Tobruk||Allied Outside Box||.. Axis ..||British Air Unit||German Air Unit
AIR COMBAT RESULTS DEFINITIONS:
- See GROUND COMBAT RESULTS DEFINITIONS for explanation of D. Air-Disrupted units may not be retreated.
- - = No effect against either side.
- EAX = Enemy Aircraft unit successfully intercepted--prevented from completing its airstrike mission--and is knocked out of the game during the rest of this gameturn and the next.
- Int = Enemy air unit successfully Intercepted and its mission aborted. Both units return to their airfields.
- AA = Friendly air unit fails in mission and is knocked out of the game during the rest of this gameturn and the next.
- AAg = AA if attacking any German division level unit.
|On Movement||.....||On Combat
|Minor track-to-Minor track||Armor: 1/2MF|
|Major track-to-Major track||Armor: 1/3MF|
|Road-to-road||Armor: 1/4 MF|
Motorized: 1/5 MF
|Allied Box/Axis Fort||Enemy units must stop moving operationally, upon entering.||+3 infantry defense factors, if matched.
|Escarpment||+1MF for infantry to ascend|
+2MF for mot. and armor
|+2 defense and 1 attack factors atop, if matched.
|Hill/Ridge||No effect.||+1 infantry defense factors atop or behind, if matched.
|Towering Escarpment||Impassable.||Cannot be attacked.
Units atop exert ZOCs and may attack down from it at half strength with any adverse result cancelled.
Defensive terrain bonuses are cumulative.
Walking infantry units' road or track bonus is 1/2 MF, unless truck-convoyed.
VI. GAME-TURN SEQUENCE:
- A. Weather Determination - See Rules.
- B. Axis Player-turn:
- 1. Axis Victory Determination
- 2. Axis Operations:
- a. Axis Airstrike (with Allied Interception possible) or Interception of Allied Interdiction
- b. Axis Operational Movement.
- c. Axis Attacks.
- 3. Recovery of Disrupted Axis Units and their Supply Status Determination (with possibility of Aerial Supply and Allied Interception).
- C. Allied Player-turn:
- 1. Allied Victory Determination
- 2. Allied Operations - NOTE how sequence is different from Axis:
- a. Interception of Axis Aerial Interdiction?
- b. Allied Operational Movement.
- c. Allied Airstrike (with Axis Interception possible)
- d. Allied Attacks.
- 3. Recovery of Disrupted Allied Units and their Supply Status Determination.
NOTE: A unit may operationally move and/or attack only once per gameturn, during the owning player's player-turn. It may be tactically retreated as well.
"STACKING": 3 units, only 2 of which can be division level.
(The German Rcce Gruppen, 15. Mot Bde, KG Hecker, and Flak Gruppe are considered to be subdivisional.)
UNIT FACTORS: 4-3-2: ... Attack, Defense, and Movement Factors
[20Sep11, updated 20Mar16]